Jurong West Central is a sub-zone of Jurong. This is the town centre of Jurong West.
- There are 4 main roads in this sub-zone, namely
- Boon Lay Way
- Jalan Boon Lay; connects with PIE exit 36 and AYE exit 17
- Jurong West Avenue 4/2; connects with PIE exit 34
- Pioneer Road North; connects with AYE exit 18 and PIE exit 38
- These main roads form the boundary of this sub-zone, which branch out to the 8 minor roads(Streets and Centrals) within the area.
Mass Rapid TransitEdit
- The East West Line threads through the sub-zone along Street 63, with 2 stations(Boon Lay and Pioneer), situated at the Eastern and Western ends of the sub-zone.
- By 2025, there will be the Jurong Region Line, which would ply through the Eastern end of the sub-zone.
- The Boon Lay Bus Interchange is situated here, along Central 3, within Jurong Point Shopping Centre and next to Boon Lay MRT Station.
- The neighborhoods in this sub-zone are well-connected to the public bus network; It is easy to travel within the sub-zone and to the MRT Stations.
- There are special bus routes plying through the sub-zone, which charge a higher fare than normal bus routes and provide connection to the City.
- At the junction of Central 1 and Street 64, there is a government healthcare institution named Jurong Medical Centre.
Frontier Community ClubEdit
Situated at the junction of Street 64 and Central 3, it is co-located with Jurong West Public Library.
- Pioneer Gardens
- Located along Street 62 and in between Street 64 and 65, this park features art sculptures, trimmed shurbs and bushes, and a canel beside it.
- Jurong Central Park
- Located at the fringe of the sub-zone and along Boon Lay Way, this park features more play areas, as well as a Mac Donalds outlet.
Along Street 64,62,61 and 63, there is the Jurong West Park Connector, which forms part of the Western Adventure Loop.
SAFRA Clubhouse (Jurong)Edit
Situated at the South-Eastern fringe of the sub-zone, near the junction of Street 64 and Boon Lay Way, this is exclusively for people in the Military and their family members.
Jurong West Sports and Recreation CentreEdit
Situated at the Western fringe of the sub-zone, along Pioneer Road North.
- There are 2 Community-use sites in this sub-zone and both are located next to Jurong West Primary School,
- in front of block 605 at Street 61
- next to block 621 at Street 62
There are 2 Shopping malls in this sub-zone, namely
- Jurong Point
- at the junction of Street 64 and Central 3.
- this is the town centre of Jurong West.
- features community spaces, such as a study corner and an art gallery.
- integrated with Boon Lay Bus Interchange
- Pioneer Mall
- at the junction of Street 61 and Avenue 4.
- owned and managed by HDB.
- features the HDB Pioneer service centre for Jurong West HDB residents.
- There are retail spaces at the concourse level of Pioneer and Boon Lay MRT Stations, of which the one at Boon Lay is known as Boon Lay Xchange
- At various estates in the sub-zone, such as at Blocks 651 and 601A, there are stores selling food, services and daily necessities.
- Night and Flea markets are occasionally held along Central 3(opposite bus interchange) and along Street 63(opposite Pioneer Station)
- There are 4 education institutions here, namely
- At the fringes of the sub-zone, there are 2 education institutions, namely
- At the junction of Street 64 and Central 3, there is the Jurong West Public Library.
There are a total of 188 housing blocks in this sub-zone, consisting of 176(6 under construction) Public apartments and 12 blocks of Private Condominium.
HDB estates at N6Edit
|61/62/65||617-637||21||The town centre for Pioneer constituency is located here.|
|61||639-647, 648A-648D, 649A-649B, 650A-650C||18|
|61||651A-651B, 652A-652C, 653A-653C, 654A-654C, 655A-655B||13|
|61/65||656A-656D, 657A-657B, 658A-658D||10|
|65/64||659A-659D, 650A-650D, 661A-661D, 662A-662D||16|
|62/64||663A-663D, 664A-664D, 665A-665B, 666A-666B||12|
|65/64||667A-667D, 668A-668D, 669A-669B||12|
|65||670A, 671A-671C, 672A, 673A-673C, 674A-674B||10|
|64||Edelweiss@Jurong||675A-675B, 676A-676B, 677A-677C, 678A-678D||11|
|64/Central 1||679A-679C, 680A-680C, 681A-681C, 682A-682C, 683A-683C, 684A-684C, 685A-685C, 686A-686C||24|
|Central 1/3||Jurong Point Estate||687-696||10|
|Central 2/3||Jurong West Blossom||697A-697C, 698A-698C||6||Under construction|
The Public Apartments and the associated infrastructure are managed and maintained by West Coast Town Council.
|Central 3||The Centris||65/7/9, 71/3/5/7/9, 81/3/5/7||12||Integrated with Jurong Point and Boon Lay Bus Interchange|
- The north portion is referred to as Boon Lay(part of West Coast constituency)
- Mr Lawrence Wong is the MP.
- The south portion is referred to as Pioneer(part of Pioneer constituency)
- Mr Cedric Foo Chee Keng is the MP.
Both portions are separated by Street 61/2 and Central 1.