Regal Busways was incorporated in July 2001 and originally based in Newhaven, East Sussex. The company's main business was the undertaking of rail replacement work at weekends. In February 2002 a business review was undertaken and the business relocaed to Essex.
As at October 2013 Regal Busways operated 62 routes.
The fleet livery was cream and maroon. This was replaced in 2010 by a red livery.
On 16 May 2013 an Alexander ALX400 bodied Dennis Trident 2 was in collision with the railway bridge at Duke Street, Chelmsford resulting in the entire upper deck roof being torn away. There were no injuries to the two passengers aboard although the driver was treated for shock at the scene.
- ↑ Companies House extract company no 4232441 Regal Busways Limited
- ↑ Regal Busways About Us
- ↑ Regal Busways Harlow Ride
- ↑ Home Regal Busways
- ↑ Regal Busways Traveline
- ↑ Bus crashes railway bridge in Chelmsford Essex Chronicle 16 May 2013
- ↑ Chelmsford bus has roof shorn off under bridge BBC News 16 May 2013
- Company website (webarchive 5 September 2012)
- Twitter feed in absence of active company website
- Flickr historical gallery
- Flickr contemporary gallery