Rivervale is a neighbourhood of Sengkang New Town located between Sungei Serangoon and Compassvale. The house numbers of the public apartment blocks in Rivervale begin with the number '1' (1xx). Rivervale is the first neighbourhood of Sengkang New Town to be built, and many of the existing housing estates in Rivervale were completed by the Housing and Development Board (HDB) in as early as 1997.
Public housing estatesEdit
- Rivervale Walk 河谷阁 - Block nos. 101-115 - Pincode 540
- Rivervale Edge 河谷边缘 - Block nos. 116A-117D
- Rivervale Gardens 河谷园 - Block nos. 119A-120D
- Rivervale Bank 河谷堤 - Block nos. 121-122F
- Rivervale Grove 河谷林 - Block nos. 123A-124D
- Rivervale Street 河谷平原 - Block nos. 125-141
- Rivervale Place 河谷坊 - Block nos. 142-149
- Rivervale View 河谷景 - Block nos. 157A-161
- Rivervale Gateway 河谷新门 - Block nos. 183A-192C
- Rivervale Haven 河谷港 - Block nos. 193-197
- Rivervale Green (Pilot BTO) - Block nos. 150-156
- Rivervale Arc - Block nos. 178A-180D
Private housing estatesEdit
- Park Green (Condominium)
- Rivervale Crest (Condominium)
- St Anne's Wood
- The Rivervale (Condominium)
- Austville (Condominium
- Riversound (Condominium: Construction in progress)
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
Places of worshipEdit
- Chinese temples
- Chong Ghee Temple
- Chong Hua Tong Tou Teck Hwee Temple
- Rivervale Plaza
- Rivervale Plaza is the first shopping complex which was opened in Sengkang New Town. This shopping centre has about 46 shops and houses the Sengkang HDB Branch Office. The centre has a wet market, an NTUC Fairprice supermarket, two foodcourts, two fast food outlets, a music school and other retail shops that cater to the residents' daily shopping needs.
- Rivervale Mall
- Rivervale Mall is the first private mixed development in Sengkang New Town, with about 85,000 square feet (7,900 m²) of retail space. The development has a modern architectural design. Retail units include the NTUC FairPrice, McDonald's, NTUC Foodfare, Daiso, KFC and EC House. Demand dropped when the bigger mall, Waterway Point opened. It is no longer under CapitaMalls Asia. Heard that all the existing retail unit pattern will be closed on 31 May 2016 (NTUC FairPrice, McDonald's, Daiso, KFC, EC House). It will be restructured into a 'holding mall' for Funan tenants who cannot find their homes due to the mall undergoing renovation after 30 June 2016.
The Rivervale neighbourhood is linked to Sengkang Bus Interchange, MRT/LRT Station at the town centre via bus services originating from the Sengkang Bus Interchange and other parts of the island. The east loop of the Sengkang LRT Line also serves the area, such as Rumbia, Bakau and Kangkar.